Making money while you homeschool is easier today than ever before, thanks to the internet. When I became a stay-at-home mom turned homeschool mom, I wondered how I would make money while homeschooling. Yes, I could’ve worked for someone else, but chances were that I wouldn’t have had the freedom to schedule my own time and choose the projects that I would take on. I wanted to be in control of my life, which included my schedule and earning potential too.
Homeschooling your kids and having a business can co-exist.
Ways That I Made Money While Homeschooling
Discovering ways to make money became a necessity for me because I wanted to have a creative outlet, make money while I homeschooled the kids, relieve my husband from working so much, and help others. These are some of the ways that I made money while homeschooling over the years.
- My husband and I started rehabbing rental properties in 2006. He did most of the hard labor while I looked after the kids.
- I self-published a children’s book titled My ABC & Color Bible Book by Kimberly Brame in 2009.
- I helped small business owners improve their customer service in 2011. Since homeschooling was new to me, I stopped once I began to homeschool my older 2 boys because I assumed that I couldn’t manage to do both.
- I developed a passion for living a healthier lifestyle in 2015, and I provided support and guidance to others by coaching them.
- In 2018 I started teaching Independently online with Outschool and then Gogokid.
- I’ve helped many moms get started with homeschool. After COVID hit and disrupted many of our lives, I wanted to do more, so I created Enterprising Homeschool Mom.
You don’t have to put your gifts, talents, and skills on the shelf because you are a homeschool mom.
Ways You Can Make Money
Within this list of 15 ways you can make money, I’m sure you will find something that resonates with you. I would love to support you if you need help. If I don’t have the answer then I will point you in the right direction for the help and support that you need to get started making money while you homeschool.
- Start a product or service-based business.
- Build an online platform (Blog, Youtube, or Podcast) Grow an audience and use your influence to market other people’s products through affiliate marketing, ads, or paid sponsorships. Many affiliate marketers use Clickbank.
- Sell your crafts on Etsy or your own website.
- Create and sell your teaching resources on Teachers Pay Teachers
- Teach what you know online as a freelancer or on your own course platform.
- Freelance on Upwork or Fiverr by monetizing your skills.
- Publish E-books.
- Sell your produce in the farmer’s market if you have an abundance during garden season.
- Sell new or used items that you no longer want or use on eBay or Amazon.
- Dropship items on Shopify.
- Become a virtual assistant.
- Become a consultant or coach to help others reach their goals.
- Invest in real estate or the market.
- Sell food, desserts, or treats.
These are just a few of the many ways that you can make money while you homeschool today. You don’t have to put your goals and dreams to the side to homeschool.
Things to Consider When Choosing Your Path to Make Money While You Homeschool
- What do you want out of life?
- How do you want to feel every day?
- How much time, money, and energy you have to invest in your plan?
- Will you need support or help to accomplish it?
- What skills do you already have that you can monetize right away?
- Your homeschool style?
- Your ideal schedule or routine?
Do You Need Support?
I help homeschool moms create capacity for their well-being, homeschool family, and business, so they can work without worry. I would love to help you.